Monday, August 25, 2008

Scott and me, Env Swearing-In 08
Beekeeping club, low-cost hive
Ndikuvina---Im dancing with youth group
Climbing for seeds in the National Park

HELLOOOOOOOO

Its been a long long time... Im here in the Capitol City passing time whilst waiting for transport to Dedza where I will be talking to the new Environment Volunteers bout mushroom farming in the village. Soo my camara is back : ) . Cheeze on Toast was caught red-handed selling it at the superette.

Home is good, one of my cats was nabbed, so Zambo is feeling loney and has become very needy and Im worried bout him being home alone. The weather is becoming hot and dusty and the malawians are burning everything in site so the smoke is thick, but the fires are beautiful at night. It is also very dry and everything is dead... Linds ur gonna love it.

Work is good too. I was just funded on the on-line project for the Env. Ed. project and was going to leave yesterday with 20 students to Lake Malawi National Park, but transport is a problem here soo things fell through by 2 pm yesterday. So I ve decided to just go the the training and prepare for the sessions.

The tree nursery is coming along, we spent a day walking 7 km into the national park collecting indeginous tree species, i was hurting afterwards.

I got some new crossword puzzles... thats been pretty fun, yeaah. Oh and I layered grass onto my roof to keep me cool and to stoped the horrible load banging of fruits dropping onto the tin roof.

I know my life sounds really cool, it is.

So maybe you knew or did not, I'm currently seeking employment here in Malawi. I was offered a job with Wildlife and Environment Society of Malawi as the Lilongwe Branch Manager. It's a perfect job but I still am unsure if it can work. But it has given me confidence that I will find success. If I dont suceed I plan on extending my PC assignment for another year but I would move site's, although I really love my home and village, but a change is always good.

Not much else to say. I havnt done any traveling cause Im saving for Me and Linds travels in 3 weeks. I think I will have some good new photos then, as of now nothing cool.. Sorry for that.

Send me e-mails and tell me what you have been up too! Especially YOU Aunt Roe, I want to here bout your 40th annerversery. I wrote you a concradulatory letter but I failed to send it, sorry for that also, im really bad with the mail. Take it Easy my Friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What have you done with Lindsey !!!
WE WANT HER BACK UNHARMED !!!!

-America

lindsay said...

Hi, you don't know me, (I'm Lindsay Roe) but I'm a current PC nominee probably heading to Africa this summer to do Env. Education. I was pumped to find a blog that might give me some idea of what I'm getting into!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jamie,

Plz update !!! Your people need updates. We wanna see pics of you and Lindz travel. Speically the big fight where you an Lindz march off in different direction. If you have any video of the fight, that would be great~