Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Happy Halloween! Happy B-day! Merry Christmas!

Hello, muli bwanj? Ndili Bwino. Im here again in Lilongwe for a blood donor training. Im with all the Kasungu District volunteer's, their is 8 of us all together. Not really exciting, today we will be doing lots of role playing (Malawians favorite thing to do). Uhhhhhhh not much to report really. I got my bike back after it was stolen. Ive just been working and reading. I did spend last weekend with my boyfriend Miko at a very cool backpackers camp. So Im going to put a picture of him on here for yall to see. Weve ben dating scince April, I met him at the Malawi College of Forestry where he studies and Peace Corps does their training. He's pretty awesome. I did not do anything for Halloween, but we will be going to the US ambassodors house for thanksgiving, then my friends and I will be going to the lake probably for Christmas and New years. In between I will be in my village doing a soap, Jam, juice training, then at the end of November, we are doing the mushroom training, then beekeeping is starting. So very busy. Ok must go to training now, Pictures are coming shortly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jamie: Muli bwa?? I am a Dutch Cultural Anthropologist working for an agricultural research institute near Lilongwe, been here 2 years now, unfortunately mostly in the office. Only since a few weeks ago have I been able to spend time in a village, which I intend to be doing the whole coming year. As I prefer not to work through translators, I have made quite an effort to learn ChiChewa, but mostly from a grammar book. Once in the village I noticed that although I am more or less able to speak, I can't follow a word of what is said to me. I started to loose hope, blamed myself for being so naive to think I would be able to master a language so completely unfamiliar to me, and panicked. Then I remembered that the American Peace Corps also sends azungu to live in Malawian villages and teaches them ChiChewa. Here's my answer, I thought relieved, I just need to find out if indeed these Peace Corps volunteers manage to master the language, and how long it takes them. So Jamie, please, could you tell me about your experiences learning to speak and understand ChiChewa? How did you learn, how long till you could sufficiently follow what was going on? IS IT POSSIBLE??? Is there hope for me? I would really appreciate it if you could help me out here... My email address is j.verheijen(at)malawi.net. Zikomo kwambiri, ndathokozadi... All the best, good luck with all your activities and many kind regards, Janneke Verheijen

Anonymous said...

Hey Janneke, Jamie here. I would say it is possible but only if your truely committed. I found it was much easier to learn ChiChewa once I aquired myself a Malawian lover. Find yourself a real Malawian lover and during climatic intercourse one can pick up ChiChewa like you were born with this skill. The more sex the more words I retained. Needless to say, I became very fluent in ChiChewa in literally a few short weeks. Hope this helps.

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]jamielewismalawi.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Recent Scientific Research points that almost 90% of all U.S. adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.